What We Believe
The chuch is a delight to the heart of God and the recipient of his love. We believe that the people of God bear witness to his salvation in Jesus Christ and are the embodiment of his intention for the world. There are beliefs that we consider to be essential for a life of faith and godliness and unite us as one body in the Lord Jesus:
1. We believe the Bible, consisting of the Old and New Testaments, to be the inspired,
infallible, authoritative Word of God.
2. We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: God the Father,
God the Son and God the Holy Spirit.
3. We believe in the diety of Christ, in his virgin conception, in his sinless life, in his
miracles, in his vicarious atoning death through his shed blood, in his bodily
resurrection, in his ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in his personal
return in power & glory.
4. We believe that for the salvation of lost and sinful man, regeneration by the Holy
Spirit is absolutely essential.
5. We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling power and
fullness, the Christian is enabled to live a godly and holy life in this world.
6. We believe in the ressurection of both the saved and the lost; they that are saved unto
the ressurection of life, and those that are lost unto the ressurection of damnation.
7. We believe in the spiritual unity of all believers in Christ.
In regards to church polity:
8. We believe that each local church is a complete church; possessing all the rights and
responsibilities of the church as set forth in the Scriptures.
9. We believe that Jesus Christ is the head of his Body, the church universal, and of
each local church.
10. We believe that Christ exercises his authority in each local church by the Holy Spirit
and through the Holy Scriptures.
11. We believe that each local church is amenable only to Jesus Christ, and not to any
association, conference, council, synod or any other ecclesiastical body.
12. We believe that it is proper and beneficial for each local church to seek fellowship
and council of other local churches.
13. We believe that each church should earnestly contend for the faith delivered to all
the saints, once for all, founded upon the Holy Scriptures.